KeithDib

SCCM 2007 WOL

Hi

I am having a problem with Wake On LAN within SCCM 2007

The server simply will not wake any machine, however if I run WOL - Magic Packet Sender from the SCCM server using same port [9 UDP] the machines wake up fine.

Is there something else in SCCM that needs configuring apart from "Wake ON LAN" within the SITE Properties?

Also in these settings I have tried all combinations of Power Commands/Wake-Up Packets Only/Sub-Net Broadcasts and Unicast etc

thanks

Hi,

What event are you trying to use to wake the computers? only mandatory assignments with a deadline will wake the computer.

Unicast which uses Magic Paket on UDP 9 basically only works when you test it. The ARP cache are cleared after 2 hours in most Switch/router vendors so after that the package cannot find it's way to the client. You should use Subnet Directed Broadcast that is the most reliable way to Wake the computer, however using that you will have to configure your Switches/routers to allow Subnet Directed broadcasts from the SCCM Primary Site Server.

You can check the WOLmgr.log file on the server to see if it tries to Wake the machine when the mandatory assignement is scheduled to run.

Regards,
Jörgen

Jorgen

Weather I create a Mandatory Advert or use "Right click tools, Right click ConFigMgr Collection Tools - Wake On Lan" on the collection it does not wake machines

I have looked in the log file but cannot find any errors also no records for the machine I am trying to WOL

I will try again with a clean log file