MarshMan0331

Powershell to set Full Device Schedule in SCCM 2012

Need help with how to set " Schedule a full update on this collection" for Device collections.

I have a PowerShell script that creates over 90 Device collections for our environment in the Test lab right now.

I can set all the setting I need even "Incremental updates" but I cannot figure out how to set a full schedule in the PowerShell Script.

looking for any help.

Thank You.

Hi,

thanks Peter for pointing to my blog!

In case you haven't fixed it until now (I'm going to look into that issue later tonight I guess)... I believe, without knowing exactly, that that refreshschedule for collections should work exactly the way it does for packages.

However, I will look into it later...

$Schedule = New-CMSchedule -Start "10/30/2013 12:00 AM" -RecurInterval Days -RecurCount 1
New-CMDeviceCollection -Name "TEST-Collection Schedule" -LimitingCollectionName "All Systems" -RefreshSchedule $Schedule -RefreshType Periodic

The above works in my 2012 R2 lab, but I cannot get it to work in production on 2012 SP1.

Is the code specific to R2? Mainly the -RefreshSchedule parameter?

Ajzrpw5.png

If I use New-CMDeviceCollection to create a series of collections, they are created with no update type enabled. Neither schedule or incremental. I was able to use your powershell code from the link above to set a schedule, however the box to actually enable the schedule is still unchecked.

rJcA1zG.png

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dewayne