nry

SCCM 2012 in education - preventing any restarts during school hours?

Hi all,

We have been running SCCM 2012 in our school now for just over 12 months - it has worked fantastically well but the one thing I have not managed to get sorted is ensuring no computers automatically reboot during school teaching hours.

I have a suitable maintenance window set, but even so, prompts pop-up forcing a reboot in x-minutes.

All our applications and Windows Update packages through SCCM are set to not reboot and not install outside of maintenance hours, so I am bit stuck on how to get this one last thing sorted out!

Advice is welcome, there seem to many places to check on this type of behaviour, I don't know if I've perhaps missed a critical tick box, or have done something else 'wrong' for our desired use!

Cheers,

Chris

Cheers - I will try to get a screen shot of the message.

Just done a little more reading around on this one - in Client Settings > Computer Agent > Additional software manages the deployment of applications and updates, should this be set to Yes or No when using SCCM to manage these things? This page:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682067.aspx#BKMK_ComputerAgentDeviceSettings

Is slightly confusing, to me it suggests I should choose 'Yes' but at present I have 'No' chosen as I thought this meant that as SCCM does this for me, I am not using additional software?

Chris

I have just found that the Windows Update 'Configure Automatic Updates' GPO was set to 'Not Configured' - I have now set this to 'Disabled' which appears to be best practice advice. Vaguely possible Windows Update Services has been over-riding the SCCM settings, I will know soon enough. I have requested screen shots etc. from any staff who see these messages and will post these ASAP.

The pop-up is coming from 'Software Center', I now have a screen shot. There is the countdown timer and the 'Hide' button is greyed out, they cannot choose to Hide the pop-up.

There appears to be a route to block this via Software Restrictions as identified by Microsoft - if I do this, does it also disable the restart?