P3nnyw1se

Lenovo X240, boot.wim issue

Hey guys so I've been very succesfully OSD'ing various computers the past half year.

Lenovo T61, T500 T520, even X230..

today I got some a of Lenovo x240.. so I got the SCCM driver pack from their webiste..

I took the network drivers from the driverpack.. and injected into the boot image..

and then I started my PXE.. now something odd that caught my attention right away was the fact I didn't get to pick Windows PE..

it just started., which means I can't load with 'F8' Options. (Command Support is Enabled)

It loads then correctly the boot image and enters Windows PE..

then it says 'Windows is Starting' ...

and 'Preparing network'

then it reboots...

now So, logically to me that would mean.. network driver issue.. but I'm kinda lost

cause I added the 3 drivers the official SCCM package had to the boot image:

"Intel® 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network Connection"
"Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection"

"Intel® Ethernet Connection I217-LM"

I quickly tested a Lenovo T520, which starts correctly.. so nothing is wrong on other devices

now that since I can't seem to get to the 'F8' Option.. I have no idea how to trouble shoot this.

can anyone help me!? maybe just help me understand why I'm not prompted to select windows PE..

that it just starts automatically?

Kevlar01

Since I only deploy my OSD to 'uknown computers' as soon as a computer is recognized by the Domain or SCCM.. it won't load..

but.. this one loads, the Windows PE, the issue is that it fails.

and its nowhere to be found in my devices.. I already searched on its Mac Addresse.. so its not in the system

the computer is directly from the box

No, i don't use the Windows 8 drivers anymore, since i am not deploying Windows 8 anymore. Anyways, for the boot WIM of SCCM 2012 R2 u need the Windows 8.1 driver because the Windows PE is 8.1. You always have to chose the appropriate drivers for the used PE.

No, i don't use the Windows 8 drivers anymore, since i am not deploying Windows 8 anymore. Anyways, for the boot WIM of SCCM 2012 R2 u need the Windows 8.1 driver because the Windows PE is 8.1. You always have to chose the appropriate drivers for the used PE.

thx this is helpfull information..

a little weird though it works on other computers, but I guess maybe the drivers are both win 7 and win 8 compatible for those types.

gonna test it out..

I can't seem to tell the Windows PE version though, in the boot image.. ?