senseless

SCCM Client after OSD won't work.

Question

Hello, everybody!

We had a task sequence for x86 systems, I've dupliceted it and changed it to Winx64 by changing all that I need, except a part "Install or Upgrade ConfigManager Client 4.0". That package was made in 2009 and worked fine so I've decided to use it in my OSD too.(Anyway it should contain both x86 and x64 versions, right?)

Everything was great till I've realised that SCCM Client wont work properly after computer added to domain. OSD installation succeeded, sccm client installation succeeded everything is succeeded but the ConfigManager Client wont work properly.

Where should I search the problem?

I don't understand why do I need to install SCCM ConfigManager Client during OSD if after adding a machine to domain it will be automatically installed.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

OS is Windows 7 Enterprise x64, recreated SCCM Client installation package and added it to the task sequence, but it didn't help.

SCCM Client just won't install itself. It should apply policy and install an antivirus software remotely but it didn't happen.

I don't understand why do I need to install SCCM ConfigManager Client during OSD if after adding a machine to domain it will be automatically installed.

Which logfile I should check first?

Any ideas?

Hi,

The client needs to be installed in the full OS during OSD to be able to install all the application, step e.t.c. Could it be that the client is still in provisioningmode? http://blogs.technet.com/b/configurationmgr/archive/2012/10/23/support-tip-configmgr-2012-client-goes-to-provisioning-mode-after-running-the-ccmeval-task.aspx

Regards,
Jörgen

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The client needs to be installed in the full OS during OSD to be able to install all the application, step e.t.c.

Okay, thats the answer why last software TS didn't work. Thanks!

Hmmm. The sympthoms are the same as in your link. The registry value was set to "true" for some reason! Could it be because of I pressed a restart button till the end of countdown?

RlMVcnkh.gif

I've changed that value back to 30 from 5 seconds, cause I didn't think its important at the end. Do I need to create an additional TS with restart?

Remember if your OSD TS won't work correctly after you've added or changed something it will be better to create bare new one.

After I created new OSD TS my unattended XML finally fully applied, there was a problem with Language for non-unicode programs, that part just won't change for some reason. And after I created bare new OSD TS my SCCM Client also got out of the provisioning mode.