Jump to content


Established Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About clarityit

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  1. I was looking into giving IE 10 a try, but during my research of pros vs cons I came across this little tidbit. http://www.extremetech.com/computing/143274-internet-explorer-flaw-lets-websites-track-your-every-mouse-movement-and-ms-refuses-to-fix-it I gave up on IE a long time ago and have been using Chrome ever since. I have been very happy with it, and haven't had near the amount of issues with IE 8/9.
  2. Solution can be found here. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrgeneral/thread/911b68b8-0713-4bd2-ae58-7a2321c89a7d
  3. Our AD went down the other day and we had to restore it from a backup. Ever since then, something has happened to the clients and they won't associate with the Site. I can't push the client install to any computer, but I am able to manually install the client on the the computer. Prior to having to restore the AD everything was working great. I have gone through and checked that all of my SCCM user accounts are still there, checked that the Schema was still intact (following this post). I ran the extADSch.exe and the log comes back and states that everything already exists. On the co
  4. I found the resolution to this issue. I had the install properties of the Microsoft Config Manager Client Upgrade 4.0 ALL in the task sequence set to this: SMSSLP=PDXSCCM01.domain.local FSP=PDXSCCM01.domain.local SMSCACHESIZE=8000 Patch="C:\_SMSTaskSequence\OSD\PDX0000B\i386\hotfix\KB977384\sccm2007ac-sp2-kb977384-x86-enu.msp I deleted all of that and only left the SMSCACHESIZE=8000. This then installed the client and continue with installing software in the TS.
  5. Here is the SMSTS log file that I am getting from C:\Windows\Temp after the computer boots to Windows. smsts-combined.log
  6. I walked through these steps and everything seemed to be fine until I went back to see if the computer was in the collection after importing it from the Computer Association node. (Steps 19-33) I have tried updating the collection and refreshing it, but the computer will never show up in the "Build and Capture" collection. I have verified the computer name and the MAC address. Thoughts?
  7. I am using the default boot image that came with SCCM. I am trying to create a capture image of Windows 7 Enterprise. I have the Operating System Install Package already created and it will get installed. But I cannot get the image to be captured. It seems to be stopping at the "Setup windows and ConfigMgr" step of the Build and Capture TS. What I end up with is Windows 7 installed, NO client installed, and NO Office Installed (which is the only program I currently have installing on the Build and Capture TS).
  8. I just setup SCCM 2007 R3 on a Windows 2008 R2 Server with SQL 2008. The 2008 server is joined to my domain (DC = 2003 running AD, DHCP, DNS). I have followed all the steps here for installation and configuration. I am currently in the process of trying to run a Build and Capture of Windows 7 Enterprise x64 TS and I am having problems. I have been following this process to do so. This issue I am having is that during the process it won't capture the image. Once I get to the part of "Setup windows and ConfigMgr", it will download the Configuration Manager client file, say it is installing
  9. I am trying to change the location of where the user data gets stored on the server. The SCCM server does not have enough space to handle all the computers that we will be upgrading. Currently we have the SMP pointed to a local hard drive in the SCCM server and would like to point it to a USB drive that is plugged into the server. The issue we are having is that we had originally pointed the storage location to a mounted folder (mounted by mslink) on a different server. It would not work doing it this way so we are going to just use a USB drive. When I change the location to point to the
  • Create New...