Jump to content


Established Members
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


PH25 last won the day on January 20 2017

PH25 had the most liked content!

PH25's Achievements


Newbie (1/14)



  1. I am testing what happens when users enter their bitlocker PIN wrong too many times, but cannot find a way to access the password to unlock the TPM. I believe all that is visible is a hash of it. Does anyone have any info on this? At the moment, all i can do is leave the computer logged in with recovery key and left active until the TPM reset period passes.
  2. I have SCCM deploying Windows 8.1 via a task sequence using x64 boot image but it only works when i set BIOS to legacy. This is an issue as we have some newer PCs which use TPM 2.0 and require UEFI. When i change bios to UEFI, i cannot PXE boot. I get the message 'Start PXE over ipv4' then it moves onto 'Start PXE over ipv6', but never actually PXE boots and just loops. Can anyone help?
  3. Hi Anyweb, I tried using your steps, but i can't distribute the empty package to the DP, as it is greyed out, presumably because it is an empty package. Is there a way around this? I only want to run two lines of powershell, is the package method the best way and how can i make it work? Task sequence fails with 0x80070002 error, because it can't find the package.
  4. Is it possible for me to use a task sequence to pre provision and setup bitlocker on an existing drive? I don't want to have to reinstall OS on existing machines in order to get this working. So, we have OS already installed and i want to use a task sequence to perhaps shrink volume and create a new bitlocker volume, then enable bitlocker.
  5. Hi Garth, I'm not sure at what point i had posted the original query but it was either the firewall or the fact that we only ever had one Active Directory Site in Sites and Services. Recently, our Network administrator created new sites and hadn't added our subnets into Sites and services, so i think this was causing an issue trying to contact the DP. Thanks for your help.
  6. I'm hoping this should be a fairly easy one for someone to help with. When my task sequence finishes and OS is installed, i see the folder C:\Users\ADMINI~1 What is this folder used for? I set the administrator account to active and set a password in my task sequence and it works fine, so is this folder just something used by SCCM? I saw this article https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d4a29c47-0d1f-4069-8160-e0b8c10f296f/cusersadmini1?forum=configmanagerosd but, my logs are definitely in the location C:\Windows\CCM\Logs, so i don't think it's that the logs are trying to be copied somewhere else. It is confusing, because our task sequence is very basic, we really aren't doing very much customisation at all in it. We have a captured WIM and apply licence key and administrator password and not very much else.
  7. Solved. We only ever had one Active Directory Site in Sites and Services. Recently, our Network administrator created new sites and hadn't added our subnets into Sites and services, so i think this was causing an issue trying to contact the DP.
  8. My task sequence fails with - "this task sequence cannot run because the program files for 00100002 cannot be located on a distribution point" (00100002 is config manager client). Does anyone have any idea why? I notice that my client package says 0 programs and has DEPLOY greyed out, so cant be deployed. Has anyone seen this before? the 'version' field is also blank
  9. Thank you. I think this thread can now be closed.
  10. I recently upgraded from R2 to 1511 and set the hierachy settings to auto update clients. This worked on a couple of test machines but failed on two others. The scheduled task appears after a policy retreival but when it runs it fails with the errors below. Can anyone help? i'm new to SCCM and struggling with this one. It seems to be failing with pre reqs (.NET i think). Thanks.
  11. What does "wdsnbp started using dhcp referral" mean when doing a PXE boot? I've got DHCP on a seperate server to SCCM, is this message normal?
  12. Hi, We currently have a server which handles DHCP and WDS (lets say server A) I've set up a new SCCM server (server B ) and would like PXE boot request to be handled by the new SCCM server, whilst keeping DHCP on the old server (A). At the moment, DHCP points PXE requests to the same server (A). Despite deselecting the option in WDS to use this server for PXE, im not sure what changes i have to make to make server A give a DHCP IP offer then send to server B for handling PXE boot. I'm also unclear whether i need to use WDS at all on the new SCCM server, in conjunction with system center, or whether system center can handle PXE all by itself. Sorry to unclear; i'm a newbie to SCCM. Paul
  13. Hi, It's looking like this might have been a central firewall issue, it's been flagged up and a firmware upgrade is taking place, so fingers crossed it might kick into life tomorrow. I don't think the rules in place were actually taking effect. Thanks for all your help, i'll write back if this is solved.
  14. Yes, the IP of the client does appear in the logs
  • Create New...