Let me firts explain how i inherited this:
I have a TS in sccm 2007R3 that deployes windows 7 and does the following in the bitlocker steps on standalone laptops(not domain joined after ts finishes):
( password and tpm already activated and set in bios with cctk tools)
1. manage-bde -tpm -turnon
3. (depending on the laptop model we must manualy press "y" to activate the tpm. In our case fujitsu laptops S781. for our dell laptops this is not requierd)
4. manage-bde -tpm -takeownership <password>
5. manage-bde -protectors -add c: -tpmandpin <password>
6. default enabel bitlocker step with default values(recovery key in ad etc )
Bitlocker policy's are set via localgpo tool before bitloker step.
This all works for new deployments.
When reimaging these standalone laptops steps 1-4-5 fail because this has already been set.
1. Is this the best way to do this?
2. Does the tpm ownership get wiped when laptops are reimaged or is this the same password?
3. Can u use the same recovery key from AD or is there a new one generated every time we reimage a laoptop?
3. Is it needed to take ownership for tpm?
Keep in mind that after these laptops are imaged, users must logon with pin number and users must not be able to change bitlocker or tpm ownership/keys.
thanks in advanced for ur help.