trumby

Can I add an existing 2012 primary site into another primary site

Question

We have an existing SCCM 2012 primary site, no CAS.

We just bought another company with their own existing primary site. Is there a way to add that site to our existing site without having to reinstall all of the clients? Can we make it a secondary site?

4 answers to this question

not exactly, but here is what you can do

Beginning with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1, you can install a new central administration site as a parent site of an existing stand-alone primary site. This expands your stand-alone primary site into a larger hierarchy that supports the install of additional new primary sites. You can expand only one pre-existing primary site into the new hierarchy because the database of the new central administration site is based on the database of your stand-alone primary site. After this new central administration site installs, you cannot join or expand additional pre-existing primary sites to this same hierarchy. However, you can install new primary sites as child sites below the central administration site.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj591551.aspx

however, i'd suggest you don't go adding a CAS unless it's really necessary, instead you should just bite the bullet and get rid of the other primary, how many clients are there ?

not exactly, but here is what you can do

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj591551.aspx

however, i'd suggest you don't go adding a CAS unless it's really necessary, instead you should just bite the bullet and get rid of the other primary, how many clients are there ?There shouldn't be more than 100.

I don't think there are more than 100.