anyweb

The CM12 UEFI BitLocker Frontend HTA - Part 2. Installation

In https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn145031.aspx

Downloads

You can download a Microsoft Word copy of this guide here. The CM12 UEFI BitLocker HTA part 2.zip

Summary

In this part I've shown you how to set up your environment to work with the CM12 UEFI BitLocker HTA, In part 3, I'll go through troubleshooting common problems with this task sequence, until then, adios !

• Like 1

nope this takes care of it all

Thanks. A few more questions as I try to rework this for my environment.

• I currently have a Windows 7 WIM that has a bunch of languages installed (I.E. English, German, French, Spanish, etc). Since they are already installed, how do I enable selection of those instead of installing Offline Language Packs?
  • How do I add OU selection to this?
  • With the Bitlocker selection, are the encryption options using Diffuser?

you could try disabling the install language pack sections and see what happens,

to add an ou selection you'll have to code something yourself, it's not that hard and others have asked about that already here

diffuser is depreceated in Windows 8 and onwards, see my previous HTA releases for the steps to add it back,

good luck

Does it not take the computer name that you specify on the first screen and use that as the computer name? I keep getting prompted for the name after I run the HTA.

it should, what name are you entering in that field ? can you share your smsts.log files so I can take a look

I'll post one in a bit. I'm running through the setup again. I heavily customized the front end so I very well may have commented out the name part. Where in the code does it set the name? I'll check to make sure it is still there.

look for anything like computername in the js (validation.js)

What is the difference between the steps "Enable BitLocker via script - Multi Language W7" and "Enable BitLocker W8" They both seem to work on W7... Also, should the MBAM client be installed before enabling bitlocker so that it doesn't store the keys in AD?

the mulitlanguage step is suitable for cases where you are enabling bitlocker via a script as the supplied script from microsoft crashes if the language is not english.