excQ

Use SCCM without system management container

Hello Friends,

I want to install SCCM 2012 R2 in my area. Actual we use 2007. But I have the problem that the main-IT do not give me access to the System Management container and thus may deposit my admin account for SCCM 2012 R2. There is no chance to get the rights for the container.

What happens if I do not have access to the SM-container? For what exactly he has jurisdiction? And how can I fix my problem now?

To these questions I have found no one right answer. Especially not how I can fix the problem.

I hope someone can help me with this problem.

Regards,

excQ

I totally agree with your AD Admins there. You don't need access to the Container, if you are not a Domain admin. Just make sure your Server Objects have descendend write access. SCCM is using the Computer account to publish in the AD. Your SCCM Admin account doesn't need write access there.

And to get rid of obsolete objects in the Container, I'm sure you have some kind of workflow in your company for such tasks.

There must be a way in which I can use SCCM without System Management container. My clients must somehow communicate with the MP. I fail from the fact that can not be installed via Client Push the clients.
Does anyone have experience with my situation? I can not find themes from Microsoft that deal with the problem.

IMO I see no reason why the AD admin shouldn’t give your or SCCM full access rights to the System Management container. What is the worst thing that can happen? You delete all the object form the container? So what they will get automatic get recreated within a few minutes.

Yes you can use SCCM without accessing the System Management container, it just means that your client will not be able to automatically assign themselves to your site. It also means that they will not able about to locate content locations from AD, instead they will use the MP.

In my testlab, i want to install the Clients via ClientPush. In my actually testlab, i want to choose one Client to install Software Center from SCCM eg Rightklick on the Clients name and say ClientInstall. But when i loook on the Client, there is no ccm-folder, and in the task-manager is no ccm-setup. The ClientPush Account is Admin on the Client.