crmatthews

Incorrect Client Version and reporting issues

Hi,

I will do my best to explain the issue i am having but it is a weird issue. We have a collection set up that shows us any client that is not on R2 CU4, Upon monitoring this i have noticed that i have a lot of workstations sat in this collection that have recently been re-imaged with a task sequence that uses CU4 in the wizard. i have checked the client manually and it seems to have built correctly, it has all the right software all the actions and it reports to have the correct client version. (5.00.7958.1501). Yet when i check in configuration manager on the properties of that client, the version is 5.00.7958.1000.

These workstations have been stuck in this collection and like this for about a month. I checked and most of these workstations have had a heartbeat update within the last 2 days.

I also believe this issue is related to why in my recent batch of updates they are reporting as unknown even though i have checked on the Clients themselves and they seem to have installed the updates.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks.

post-29261-0-75207100-1432805587_thumb.png

post-29261-0-32804200-1432805925_thumb.png

Yeah, no luck. Today i have Deleted about 25 workstations out of SCCM and AD, re-image them with the same name and they all reappeared in the collection with the wrong version number.At first i was thinking maybe its the Task Sequence, but i can re-image workstations that are reporting correctly or build machines for the first time and they report fine.

So maybe its the SQL Server, I'm going to restart tomorrow out of working hours.

So after restarting the SQL Server, i have run a full Discovery Data Collection Cycle on the whole site. I noticed the pc's would then report back correctly with the right version number. Only for this to last about 30 mins before reverting back. Which makes no sense. I have also run a Delete Aged Discovery Data cycle, still no luck. Any Ideas?

post-29261-0-10673100-1433151418_thumb.png

post-29261-0-24461900-1433151422_thumb.png

From that screenshot there is clearly a problem with that client or your MP. Notice that there is not listed for Heartbeat discovery within your computer properties. Also notice that there is no Hardware inventory date either.

From that screenshot there is clearly a problem with that client or your MP. Notice that there is not listed for Heartbeat discovery within your computer properties. Also notice that there is no Hardware inventory date either.

I have about 100 clients with the same issue, its not random though as it seems to be clients from 3 different rooms rather than all over our site. As for the screenshot, the Client in the image had just been rebuilt so i don't think it has done a hardware scan yet. Where would i find the heartbeat under the properties menu?

The HW inv would have happened within ~ 2 hours after it was imaged, unless it was blocked by SW inv. From the screenshot the last heartbeat was on May 28, therefore your HW inventory should have shown up by now. (unless you have crazy SW inventory rules)

Look under agent names for Heartbeat discovery. But there is clearly something not right with that client or your MP.

Ok, i don't think we have any crazy rules, both are currently set to 7 days? Most of the clients having this issue do have a recent SW and HW inventory scan.

Sorry i didn't noticed i got rid of that by mistake.

post-29261-0-01902300-1433164855_thumb.png