Jump to content


PH25

Client deploys but doesn't register / see MP

Recommended Posts

I have set up a fresh instance of SCCM for the first time. Everything looks in order, just the one boundary (AD site) and boundary group. Client deploy but only shows 2 tasks (machine cycle and user cycle) and doesn't talk back to SCCM, therefore shows as clients 'none' in the console.


I can see the following errors:


failed to send management point list location request

failed to send registration request 0x87d00231


GetDPLocations failed with error 0x80072efe

Failed to get DP locations as the expected versions from MP 'ServerName' error 0x80072efe


I've been looking into this for some time to no avail. Help would be massively appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I would check firewalls and cert..

 

0x80072efe = The connection with the server was terminated abnormally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would look at the following:

  • the CCM client setup logs in C:\Windows\ccmsetup\logs
  • clientlocation.log and locationservices.log in the C:\Windows\CCM\Logs folder
  • did the MP role installation complete successfully? - check the MP status in the console and the MP logs on the MP server in SMS\Logs
  • is the client assigned to the site?

Attach the logs mentioned above if you are still having issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We have opened everything up on central firewall and windows firewall for it, so that should be ok.
MP installation seems to have completed successfully and client does have site code assigned. What can i check with regards to cert?

I'm not sure im permitted to send full logs over i'm afraid (ill check that), but ClientLocation.log looks clear and states that 'client is now assigned to site 001'. However, LocationServices log is showing on of the errors from my original post 'failed to send management point list location request'

Attached is the error from ccmsetup

Thanks for your help with this

post-30630-0-67125600-1438250418_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you check the IIS log files on the management point to see if the client request actually reaches the management point? If it's not arriving at the management point then I'm with Garth. Check the (local) firewalls, or anything else that's in between.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't seem to find IIS logs. Shouldn't they be in %WINDIR%\System32\logfiles\W3SVC1 ? i can't see this folder - perhaps i dont have IIS logging turned on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've also tried with local firewalls on server and client turned off.

Config manager on the client has a site code but seems to not be talking to the MP (everything is on one box in our setup) - despite config manager properties saying 'Assigned Management Point - <SERVER NAME>'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They all show a 200 error code which is good.

 

You need to match up the IP address to ensure that the problem client is getting a 200 error code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be for that client, as i've only deployed to one client so far as a test.

I'm confused how this part can look ok, yet im getting 'failed to send management point list location request' and 'GetDpLocations failed'.

What's the next thing for me to check?

Thanks again for your help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, It's looking like this might have been a central firewall issue, it's been flagged up and a firmware upgrade is taking place, so fingers crossed it might kick into life tomorrow. I don't think the rules in place were actually taking effect. Thanks for all your help, i'll write back if this is solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Garth,

I'm not sure at what point i had posted the original query but it was either the firewall or the fact that we only ever had one Active Directory Site in Sites and Services. Recently, our Network administrator created new sites and hadn't added our subnets into Sites and services, so i think this was causing an issue trying to contact the DP.

 

Thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...