allenr74

Windows 10 Deployment with Integrated MDT Task Sequence Fails

Question

I just recently updated our production SCCM environment to SCCM 2012 R2 SP1, CU1. I updated MDT 2013 to Update 1 (8298) and installed the integration on my central site server. I am now having issues deploying Windows 10 to a VMware VM. After it applies drivers and boots into the operating system for the first time, I receive a pop-up message with the following:

"Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt to resume configuration, restart the computer".

Restarting the computer just brings back the same message.

This is only happening with MDT integrated task sequences. I created a task sequence without MDT integration and the deployment finishes fine.

I created another MDT task sequence for SCCM and it is still failing at the same point.

Unfortunately, I cannot get to a CMD line when the error pops up. I try SHIFT+F10 but that doesn't work. I enabled F8 for the boot image but it is past the PE environment. I did get the logs before the OS restart and they all look fine.

I updated our lab environment back in August (pre MDT 2013 Update 1 re-release) and didn't run into this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers to this question