Hi all,

I've my lab setup running under two servers (SCCM server and SQL server). I did this to keep the environment as equal as other environments where I work with.

However, I need more space (hdd) and maybe this will also help me to gain some performance. I want to install the a new instance of SQL in the SCCM Server. Is this as simply as it should or it's a big challenge?!

Steps that I think are necessary:

- install same SQL version in SCCM server, same collation, reporting services;

- remove reporting services roles

- follow all these steps https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configurationmgr/2013/04/02/how-to-move-the-configmgr-2012-site-database-to-a-new-sql-server/

- restart sccm server

- install reporting services

Is this to much or should I just refresh everything? (that's a lot of work as well)... This steps are for CM12 but since I'm using CM1511 not sure if they will work... I believe they will, but if someone has this kind of experience, I really appreciate.

Thank you all!

The steps are the same for CM1511 and for CM12. But it is recommend to keep SQL with CM1511 and not remote to it.

Thanks GarthMJ. That's what I'm trying to do... to move the SQL to the same server because right now SQL and CM1511 are not running under the same server!