bman

EliteBook 840 G3 Imaging

Question

Has anyone had experience using MDT 2013 to image an EliteBook 840 G3 with the solid state drive with NVM Express?

I am trying to install Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit using MDT 2013.

I can drop the image but when it boots back up after Windows is installed the Windows flag starts to appear and then it freezes.

I have integrated these into the custom WIM file. KB2990940 and KB3087873 and also the USB 3.0 driver according to the HP document C05040446.

Any suggestions that I can try?

5 answers to this question

I'm using SCCM, but the issue we had was that it would randomly fail after a reboot during OSD. BIOS fix cured that.

We have another on-going issue with these where they just reset during use. HP are working on that one.

I used DISM to add the KB's just to satisfy HP, but most weren't relevant and didn't fix the first or second problem.

I used SCCM driver detection to install the latest drivers.

I used DISM to pull in the HP ESU - Essential System updates - this is a list of 40 KB's about 20 of which would actually install.

This was at the request of HP support just to rule it out, but didn't fix my issue.

Try the BIOS first and don't worry when it beeps 18 times. That's normal!