Moonlight

3 reporting servers

Hello ,

I have sccm 2012 and i need to have 3 RSP on 3 remote servers , how can i do that ?

Is that NLB is support in this situation?

shall the 3 reporting point using the same DB ?

my objective to have Hightavailability for sccm reporting role

You can clearly have two or more RP on any given site.

SSRS is not support on a cluster. As for hardware NLB, the CM12 team will clearly not support this and never will. This does not mean it will not work, it means that you will have test this within your environment.

Hi GarthMJ

I want to install 2 sccm reporting role on 2 remote nodes how can i do that ? i already install the first node and it is working perfectly but when i am trying to install the second node i be confused, is the 2 sccm reporting servers will using the same DB? how the 2 sccm reporting will now each other ? how the reports will be consistent ?

There is no trick to this, add each server as a RP.

The RP can't share a database, each SSRS server MUST have it own db.

RP will NOT know about each other.

Report will only be consistent if YOU copy then across yourself.

Again SSRS is NOT supported on a cluster.

GarthMJ

Thanks for your reply

but i have more question please bear me .

suppose the first RSP node is down , the other one is working fine with no issue so i can consider this is the high available solution for sccm RSP .

how can make the reports is consistent on two nodes ? how we can copy them?

our help

what is the risk assessment if one of our RSP nodes is down .

Thanks for all your help

You are asking the wrong person, you need to ask you client / stake holder, if they call that HA. Personally, I would question the need to have reporting HA. IMO it is a waste of money.

Again, You will have to manually keep the reports consistent. As such you will need to manually write the process to this.

Again, you are asking the wrong person, you need to ask your client / stake holder. IMO there is no reason to have HA for RPs.

You are asking the wrong person, you need to ask you client / stake holder, if they call that HA. Personally, I would question the need to have reporting HA. IMO it is a waste of money.

Again, You will have to manually keep the reports consistent. As such you will need to manually write the process to this.

Again, you are asking the wrong person, you need to ask your client / stake holder. IMO there is no reason to have HA for RPs.

I am asking if it is doable or not ( NLB with sccm reporting role)

what is IMO abbreviation?

I am asking if it is doable or not ( NLB with sccm reporting role)

what is IMO abbreviation?

You will have to try it to find out. Since this is not supported, you will have to figure is this this work.

IMO = In My Opinion

I install the second node without NLB and after i shutdown the first reporting node the reports didnt shown in the sccm consle???

But i can see the reports on the second node by browsing the HTTP://reporting2/reportserver

what is the issue ?

First off it is not recommend to run the report via the console. Running the report via the console add extra over head.

Secondly, if you have created two RP then they will automatically show up within the console. However you will first have to change over to the other RP.

Techent.png