druiz916

Remove SCCM client from Multiple Devices.

Question

My Senior System Admin is asking that I remove the SCCM client that is installed on Servers on our co-hosted platform due to WMI errors recently occurring.

I have never done this and do not see the option to remove the client fully from within the SCCM console.

Also, I have tried downloading the RCT add-in which does have the option but that does not seem to be working for me. Checked ccmsetup logs and there is no acknowledgement that an uninstall is requested.

Please help!

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the advice. Is there a way to make sure the client doesn't try to reinstall during the next discovery?

Also, After running the command and uninstall I am still seeing the ccmcache and CCM folder under my windows directory. Is there a way to make sure everything gets fully uninstalled?

Sure, just make sure that they are NOT discovered. aka Adjust your discovery methods to remove them.

No, these will not get fully deleted. However there sure be almost nothing within the cache directory.