Hi all!

So I am working to migrate my old SCCM 2012 R2 install to a new server while also upgrading to the 1702 version on a new Server 2016 install.  I have the new server setup and upgraded to 1702.  I also upgraded my old system to the 1606 version.  Before I actually migrate my data, I am trying to do some cleanup on the old server so I don't bring over all the extra "fluff" that I don't need from the old system.  So, thankfully, I am trying the new ContentLibraryCleanup tool in 1702 and running it against my "old" 1606 install.  The tool seems to run fine, but I am getting the following error and, thus, not able to run the full tool:

Analyzing local files, 100.00 % complete...
Loading package data from provider...
Loading local package data...
Analyzing local files, 98.82 % complete...
Loading distributed packages from provider...
System.InvalidOperationException: This content library cannot be cleaned up right now because package SC100020 is not fully installed.
   at Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.ContentLibraryCleanup.CLContentLibrary.LoadDistributedPackagesFromProvider()
   at Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.ContentLibraryCleanup.CLContentLibrary.LoadValidContentData()
   at Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.ContentLibraryCleanup.CLContentLibrary..ctor(String remoteDPFqdn, String primarySiteServerFqdn, String primarySiteCode)
   at Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.ContentLibraryCleanup.Program.Main(String[] args)

Odd thing is that I do not see that Package ID anywhere in SCCM.  After doing some Google searching, I was led to do a SQL query for the package ID and I did in fact find it in the SQL database and it seems to refer to a deployment I made of Adobe Reader a while back. However, I have since retired and then deleted that deployment, so it shouldn't be there anymore I would think to prevent the CleanupTool from running.  

So, the question is: Does anyone know how to get rid of it so that I can succussfully run the ContentCleanupTool before I do my migration?

Thanks

OK, so not sure why, but the original error I was getting seems to have gone away on it's own (yay!).  However, a new one seems to have popped up in it's place.  When running the same command now against my old SCCM server, I now get the following message:

Analyzing local files, 100.00 % complete...
Loading package data from provider...
Loading local package data...
Loading distributed packages from provider...
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.ContentLibraryCleanup.CLContentLibrary.LoadOrphanData(Boolean whatIfMode)
   at Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.ContentLibraryCleanup.CLContentLibrary.Cleanup(Boolean whatIfMode, Boolean quietMode, String logDir)
   at Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.ContentLibraryCleanup.Program.Main(String[] args)
PS D:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\cd.latest\SMSSETUP\tools\ContentLibraryCleanup>

It obviously finishes running the scan, but now get an error saying that it can't reference the instanct of the object.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks

if you create a log file using this switch does it reveal anything ?

/log <log file directory> (optional) — the directory to place log files in.  Can be a network share. If not specified, the temp folder is used. 

https://www.niallbrady.com/2017/01/24/what-is-the-contentlibrarycleanup-tool-and-how-can-i-use-it/