Sokoban

Windows 10 Default Adobe Reader

Question

What method are you using while applying this? I've been using this with OSD since Win 10 1511 with no issues at.. Since I set default assoc for several apps its a good idea to do the export from a reference client running the same version you want to apply it on. 

18 hours ago, GarthMJ said:

It will depend on how you are deploying reader. Here is the list of log files. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/plan-design/hierarchy/log-files

I think you miss understanding, Adobe Reader is already installed and I want the Windows 10 1709 is set Adobe Reader DC as default as PDF reader … . ;-)

2 hours ago, Sokoban said:

I think you miss understanding, Adobe Reader is already installed and I want the Windows 10 1709 is set Adobe Reader DC as default as PDF reader … . 😉

So how are you trying to accomplish this? Have you done the export from a reference machine running 1709?  

2 hours ago, VinnieBaz said:

So how are you trying to accomplish this? Have you done the export from a reference machine running 1709?  

Yes, with the command, 

Dism /Online /get-DefaultAppAssociations > c:\temp\defaultapps.xml

GPO --> Group Policy: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > File Explorer.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie11-deploy-guide/set-the-default-browser-using-group-policy

I have put the file in the SYSVOL / Scripts

Any Idea ?

1 hour ago, Sokoban said:

Yes, with the command, 

Dism /Online /get-DefaultAppAssociations > c:\temp\defaultapps.xml

GPO --> Group Policy: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > File Explorer.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie11-deploy-guide/set-the-default-browser-using-group-policy

I have put the file in the SYSVOL / Scripts

Any Idea ?

Never tried using the GPO method my self. Is it only Adobe that fails or are you trying to change default apps for any other app? 

16 hours ago, VinnieBaz said:

Never tried using the GPO method my self. Is it only Adobe that fails or are you trying to change default apps for any other app? 

No, I have also tried with latest version of Adobe Reader 2019.008.20071, at the time of writing... 

any idea?