NaveenJoshi

How can I Deploy Applications based on AD security group membership for Users using a Task Sequence during OSD ?

Question

2 answers to this question

here's one way of doing it for users, you could easily modify the PowerShell script to take the two parameters so it's a one step process instead of 3, i just haven't had time yet to modify it.

Note: You will need to define the TargetUser in the task sequence using whatever method you want as the script checks for that in the following line:

$strName = $tsenv.Value("targetuser")

Step 1. Set TargetADSG

set the target Active Directory Security Group you want to test if the user is present in

image.png

step 2. Set a custom variable for that

image.png

Step 3. call the powershell script

(uses ServiceUI.exe from the MDT Toolkit, use the correct architecture for the version of Windows you are deploying)

ServiceUI.exe -process:TSProgressUI.exe %SYSTEMROOT%\Sysnative\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -windowstyle hidden -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy bypass -File IsUserinADSG.ps1

image.png

Step 4, Run the Group to install software if the CustomVar set earlier is true

image.png

here's the powershell script I used

IsUserinADSG.ps1