YiannosG

Problem installing software using OSD

Question

I am facing the below problem;

I have build and captured a win 7 image.I then created a default TS for deploying the image by using the guides.

The task was working fine.

Then i decided to add some softwares as below

taskl.jpg

All 3 of them are used on a different task sequence for installation,which works great (all are system unattended and have no dialog boxes display)

The problem is with the first one Lotus Notes Client that i get the below error

From TS status report

d'='{C41BBA95-AFAA-4C29-9946-9D56EB30197B}' Waiting for installation job to complete.. CompleteExecution received Received job completion notification from Execution Manager Installation completed with exit code 0x80070653 Setting TSEnv variable 'SMSTSInstallSoftwareJobID_XXX00035_XXX200CF_Per-system unattended'='' CompleteExecution processed GetExecRequestMgrInterface successful Releasing job request, jobID='{C41BBA95-AFAA-4C29-9946-9D56EB30197B}' Releasing of Job Request successful CompleteJobsuccessful Entering ReleaseSource() for \\SCCM2007\SMSPKGC$\XXX00035reference count 1 for the source \\SCCM2007\SMSPKGC$\XXX00035\ before releasing Released the resolved source \\SCCM2007\SMSPKGC$\XXX00035pInstall->Install(sPackageID, sProgramName), HRESULT=80070653 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\installsoftware\main.cpp,374) Installation failed with error (0x80070653) Install Software failed, hr=0x80070653

and from advertisment status report

The task sequence execution engine failed executing the action (Install "Lotus Notes 8.0.2-Per-system unattended") in the group (Install Software) with the error code 2147944019 Action output: d'='{6B901956-2591-4FF9-B46A-9C4952FFDD6B}' Waiting for installation job to complete.. CompleteExecution received Received job completion notification from Execution Manager Installation completed with exit code 0x80070653 Setting TSEnv variable 'SMSTSInstallSoftwareJobID_XXX00035_XXX200CF_Per-system unattended'='' CompleteExecution processed GetExecRequestMgrInterface successful Releasing job request, jobID='{6B901956-2591-4FF9-B46A-9C4952FFDD6B}' Releasing of Job Request successful CompleteJobsuccessful Entering ReleaseSource() for \\SCCM2007\SMSPKGC$\XXX00035reference count 1 for the source \\SCCM2007\SMSPKGC$\XXX00035\ before releasing Released the resolved source \\SCCM2007\SMSPKGC$\XXX00035pInstall->Install(sPackageID, sProgramName), HRESULT=80070653 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\installsoftware\main.cpp,374) Installation failed with error (0x80070653) Install Software failed, hr=0x80070653. The operating system reported error -2147023277: This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

Command line for the unattend install is:

msiexec.exe /q ALLUSERS=2 /m MSIGJJMG /i "Lotus Notes 8.0.2.msi" TRANSFORMS="Lotus Notes 8.0.2.mst"

4 answers to this question

i had a very similar issue recently with some software being installed via a task sequence (SAP) and i reolved it by looking closely at the vbs script that was doing the work, there were some settings in the script causing it to 'sleep' and ConfigMgr reported the exact same error as you are seeing (waiting for...)

so, rule out the MST or script or whatever by reducing the install commands, see if it helps

just a thought

cheers

niall

i had a very similar issue recently with some software being installed via a task sequence (SAP) and i reolved it by looking closely at the vbs script that was doing the work, there were some settings in the script causing it to 'sleep' and ConfigMgr reported the exact same error as you are seeing (waiting for...)

so, rule out the MST or script or whatever by reducing the install commands, see if it helps

just a thought

cheers

niall

Hi niall.

I remembered last night that the specific installation was causing me problems installing from a network location and on the software installation TS when i advertised it i had it to download locally and then run. Can i do that on an OSD TS ?

change the advertisement distribution point properties, or script the package to manually copy it down and then execute it that way

Ok got it to work. That was the issue. That specific installation does not like UNC. Instructed the TS advertisment to download files and then install.

Bad thing it requires the double time to do that but its ok i guess :)

Niall, have you got any idea about this ? http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/624-configuring-software-update-point-within-sccm/page__view__findpost__p__7384