Jump to content


FSiglmueller

Applications don‘t get installed during Build and Capture

Recommended Posts

Hi All !

I am struggeling with the following topic since a few days:

I am not able to install applications during my Build and capture sequence. I have a PKI (HTTPS-only) infrastructure. 
I installed a client certificate during the unattend.xml. (https://www.jamesbannanit.com/2012/05/how-to-build-and-capture-in-configuration-manager-2012-using-https/)

Softwareupdates install Fine - only Applications are the problem.

Have you got an idea what I can do to fix this ? 

It seems like the Client is having Problems in communicating with the MP. In the IIS log I can‘t find any errors.

Thanks in advance and a merry x-mas.

Florian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what steps are in the install software group, can you show a screenshot of the task sequence, what i can see from the log is it sets a reg key in that group and then restarts, that's about all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do you have any app*.log files you can zip up for me please

also, what is the exact name of the Install Applications step ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok well your smsts.log doesn't include the Install applications step at all, I think your task sequence is failing just after restarting the computer, so why are you restarting it and is it restarting to the operating system ? can you disable that step and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I disabled the Restart computer step before the convert applications.
Now I started the task sequence again. After finishing that try, I will come back to you.

PS: I can't tell you, why I was restarting the system there.
But it was restarting to the OS. (Now it is disabled and we will see, what happens)

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

as written above, I tested it again with the disabled step of the restart before the convert applications.
I got the same error like before. That means, the tasksequence is failing.

Attached you can find all the logs.

Any other ideas, what I am doing wrong ?
Maybe something with the Workgroup Certificate ? How can I test, if this is working correctly ?
From my point of view, it should be ok, because the softwareupdate step in the tasksequence is working fine (WSUS is in https mode), 
but I would like to check, whether it is working like expected. due to the fact that only application installations will fail.

Capture_Logs_wo_Restart.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok i need to see more of this task sequence, please include a screenshot of the entire ts, are the install software update steps happening before or after the install applications ? because the last thing in your latest log is

Quote

Successfully completed the action (Restart Computer - Software Updates 1) with the exit win32 code 0

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so you disabled all software update steps and it still fails ? please included the logs from that test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, anyweb said:

so you disabled all software update steps and it still fails ? please included the logs from that test.

Yes, I disabled the Softwareupdate Step in Front of the application Install. The Result is the Same like before (it fails)
 

I will Upload the Logs later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

attached are the logs.
When I check the ccmsetup.log I says, that the name of the certificate does not contain the name of the capturing system.
Have you got the chance to check my last post ?

Have you got an idea, where my mistake is for the certificate ?
If you have a manual for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
 

image.thumb.png.614f7bbff9ebb8eb6eaae5c2902bc250.png

 

image.thumb.png.28fd244bcb80267816991ac457aadb72.png

Logfiles.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I tested to capture an Windows 10 1903 with my tasksequences.
Here I don't get the error. So, the problem should be related to W10 20H2.
I used the december image of W10 20H2 (here I extracted the Enterprise Image).

Any ideas, what I can do to get it working with W10 20H2 ? Do I have to change something ?
Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm planning on testing it in my lab over the coming days, it's just that work takes first priority and right now i'm working on getting some functions to work in Azure, once i've that working i'll try and help here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'll try and do it tomorrow and report back :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...