pcteklink

How to guide or basic steps for using AutoPilot with On-prem SCCM and AD to join PCs

Looking for some guidance on using AutoPilot to join PCs to the on-prem hybrid domain. If I use Azure AD only in AutoPilot profile the PC will join fine pre-staging with the HardwareID. If I use an AutoPilot Profile with hybrid the PC doesn't provide the same questions OOBE to join the company etc. I grab the HardwareID then I do a factory reset. Start the PC and it walks through a normal setup without being able to sign-in with the e-mail. There's an option to use "an online account instead" if you click on that nothing happens. 

Thanks

I was thinking that it would have to end up in the correct OU and to have the proper GPOs apply to the machine? We use on-prem AD to manage all of our devices. So I was thinking that in-order for the machine to be in the correct OU it would have to join the domain. We also use a split-tunnel VPN for our client machines not that this matters but thought I'd mention it. 

When I was testing and created a AutoPilot profile for Azure only, the machine seemed to enroll properly into MECM but when I used a Autopilot Hybrid profile there was no OOBE sign-in page. There was an option to switch to an "online" account and sign-in but nothing happened when I clicked on it. 

I would advise you to think long and hard about hybrid azure ad domain join, try and avoid it or you'll have lots of problems... guaranteed

modern devices can be workgroup joined with no GPO's applied, and instead all settings and configurations come directly from Intune (or SCCM if co-managed)