WAZZIE

Language / Keyboard / locale / location ?

Question

Hi all - I am having great success with SCCM and OSD. I now have 32 and 64 bit windows PXE'ing. It also installs some core applications (office / adobe reader / av software ) as part of task sequence and works a treat.

However something i didnt really check is the language settings / keyboard etc.

It has come to pass that anything i deploy is set to English(united states) - whereas i want it to be ENGLISH (United kingdom)

I have read articles here about knocking up an unattend.xml and packaging it as part of the deploy TS.

Is this the way to do it ?

Anyone know if this is the way forward - i guess im just looking for reassurance before i give it a go.

Look forward to any info on this, and once again, thanks everyone for your assistance thus far. Once my whole sccm project is up and running (and documented) I will pretty much give it all to ANYWEB to see if he wants to make use of any of it here as further resources to the already very comprhensive tutorials.

6 answers to this question

Specifically need the deployed os set as

COUNTRY / REGION : UNITED KINGDOM

TIME AND CURRENCY : ENGLISH(UNITED KINGDOM)

KEYBOARD LAYOUT : UNITED KINGDOM

If that assists anyone !

Look forward to any pointers !

yes follow that guide and you'll be good to go, make sure your timezone is also specified correctly

cheers

niall

OK ! i will give it a go tomorrow morning and let you know. Thanks so much.!

i think the setting you should use is en-GB

Hi Anyweb -

wasnt going to try it until back at work tomorrow, however i was bored so I followed your instructions using my test sccm setup at home, on a quick osd of win7 which was suffering the same issue.

All good - worked like a charm. once again - i cant thank you enough.

I will give info back on my software and osd rollouts once the pressure on the project dies down a bit.

as yet i have documented very little - but i will do and your welcome to have it all and post anything you think would help or assist.

look forward to more posts and interesting reading soon !!