misterkai

SCCM 2309 - Issue updating Architecture x86 boot image with new ADK

Hi,

We upgraded SCCM today to 2309 and on top of that to the 2nd latest ADK + WinPE (22621) since we still are in need of MDT as it is right now.

The Upgrade went smoothly however after that I experienced issues with updating the architecture x86 boot image with the new ADK. The x64 and also the new MDT boot image that I created works.

When I am trying to update the x86 Boot Image I get the error given in the picture

SMSProv.log shows the following errors:

Execute SQL =select  all SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.DateCreated,SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.Description,SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.FeatureType,SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.LastUpdateDate,SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.NumberErrors,SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.NumberInProgress,SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.NumberInstalled,SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.NumberUnknown,SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.ObjectID,SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.ObjectType,SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.ObjectTypeID,SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.PackageID,SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.SoftwareName,SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.SourceSite,SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.SourceSize,SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.SourceVersion,SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.Targeted from fn_ListObjectContentExtraInfo(1033) AS SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo  where SMS_ObjectContentExtraInfo.ObjectID = N'P0100004'

Error setting property (TransformAnalysisDate) 0x80041002!

Error setting property (TransformReadiness) 0x80041002!

*~*~K:\dbs\sh\cmgm\1026_005344\cmd\u\src\SiteServer\SDK_Provider\SMSProv\sspbootimagepackage.cpp(5539) : Failed to register to status manager~*~*

*~*~Failed to register to status manager ~*~*

This in itself causes issue with PXE boot for us.

Anyone has any tips on how to resolve this?

bootimage.png

there is no more x86 boot image in the Windows ADK and that is why it fails to update the x86 boot image,

This is by design: The 32-bit versions of Windows PE (WinPE) in the WinPE add-ons for Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022 aren't supported.

for more info and a possible workaround see here > https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/892268/unable-to-update-x86-default-boot-image-after-upgr