Vancouverite

Linking Task Sequences

Question

I'm using a number of task sequences for software deployment as I find it a lot more flexible than having to chain together what are sometimes large numbers of packages that have to run in a particular order. But there are times when it would be nice to link one or more of these task sequences together. Is it possible to call one task sequence from another or to chain them together?

4 answers to this question

not possible, but you can (as a last step in a task sequence) join a collection which does have another task sequence advertised to it, and that way you get the new advertisement, and new task sequence

Hi, would you elaborating more about how to join a collection before the end of the first one?

I was having an experiment on this proposed solution http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/rzander/archive/2011/09/16/in-place-migration-of-encrypted-disk-with-sccm2007.aspx

It didn't explain how to link the two described task sequence. What we are hoping is, after formating the hard drive and copying the files, kick off the second task sequence after the winpeshl.exe call.

Any help would be appreciated.