SPURon

Injecting the Intel 82579LM Driver into the x86 boot image

Question

I have tried to download the Windows 7 Intel 82579LM driver from both Intel and HP sites and after importing the driver and injecting it to the x86 boot image I keep getting the message upon CD/DVD boot.

"Failed to Find a valid network adapter"

Can someone shed some light on what is happening? The driver file I am useing is e1e5132.sys

6 answers to this question

I am having the exact issues here. I was able to deploy all Win7 images via SCCM/OSD sucessfully upto model Dell Opt 780. When I got to deploy Dell Opt790 using the same boot disk from prev models, I got the same error of Nic driver unavailable. I downloaded all drivers for 790 and created the driver packages for this model but I do not know how to update/inject the new drivers into the existing boot.wim file, please help.

I'm experiencing the same issue w/ ProBook 6560B. I read online that you can use a older version of the driver but i've ran out of options.

I'm not sure which version of WinPE I have all I know is I see this version: 6.1.7600.16385 will this version not work with newer Intel chipsets?

Any ideas would help, I've got a ton of ProBooks to deploy.

Hi Evolution,

your PE is 3.0, which is OK. It's based on Windows 7 and the drivers for Windows 7 should apply without problems. Make sure that you import only the Windows 7 drivers into SCCM and then add it to the boot image. We have successfully imported the same driver but with PE 3.1 and for the new hardware generation from Lenovo. So if you have no success with PE 3.0 download the newest WAIK, install it on the machine where you import the drivers and use the newer boot wim.

@ntd Just go to your drivers folder and right click the Windows 7 network driver. Then chose "add to boot image". In the next dialog click the check box which is pointing to your boot wim and thru the next dialog buttons. Finally go to your boot image in the console and update your distribution points. This will start the injecting process.

Don't forget to import the AHCI drivers too.