anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64

Taken from here...

To fix this issue you have to be patient depending how many clients machines you have in your active directory, this particular client had 14,00 plus so it can take some time to refresh and update the collection membership. Follow the following steps to resolve.

1. In the SCCM Management utility, from the "Computer Management" node, right click All Systems and click "Update Collection Membership".

2. When this is complete the hourglass icon will disappear and you then should search for the machine in question in the "All Systems collection".

3. When the search finishes (if you have this problem) you will see duplicate records for the same machine, one being obsolete. (Scroll a bit to the right to see the obselete field).

4. Delete the Obsolete machine record.

5. Re-advertise your Task sequence.

6. Reboot your Client machine and it now will PXE boot.

My previous entry to this issue was a workaround that I got to work but this fixes it every time and it will only happen in a test environment where you re-image and re-image the same machine !

Hope this helps,

Kevin.

The above fixed my issue.

just delete the computer object from All Systems collection, once done, re-import it (computername+mac address) into the build and capture collection and try again.

just delete the computer object from All Systems collection, once done, re-import it (computername+mac address) into the build and capture collection and try again.

Tried it and same message. I just don't understand what causes the issue.

I never had this issue with your SCCM2012 Beta 2 articles, but this time around this issue seems to be persistent, and all the research I'm doing doesn't really point to a specific way of fixing it.

Hi guys,

little help?

When I import computer information into my build and capture device collection, I put in the machine name and the MAC address of the virtual machine. Thing is, no matter how long I wait, the machine never shows in the build and capture collection view. It shows in "Devices", but never appears in the Build / Capture list.

Any ideas?

Also, when I come to step 10, I check to see if my WDS service has started, but it just says "starting" with all stop, start, restart options greyed out. It's hung, how can I resolve that?

Thanks

• Like 1

HI guys, me again. Got the PXE boot to work. Oddly, I didn't have the required permission to \\sccsmserver\sms_p01\osd\boot and bin directories. Once I sorted that out, I ran through step 4 again, and at the end, I right clicked each boot image and chose "Update Distribution Points". My VM immediately PXE booted.

One question though, as I feared, my VM boots and you see most of the screen shots above (step 10) except it only restarts twice then goes straight to the desktop. It doesn't appear to install the updates. If you go to Windows Update, it shows updates are available (around 56 of them).

Any ideas?

Ahh, got that working too now. I deleted, then recreated the task sequence. All working fine so far. Excellent series anyweb, about to start Part 8 :)

Just to clarify, before moving on, do I prepare this machine how I would (like install Office, Adobe, domain join, etc)?