Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Hallo everyone,

 

i try to setup the RC2.

The Prerequisite Check went OK, but if i click on begin install the setup breaks after 19 Seconds during:

 

Generating puplic key and SQL Server certificate

 

In the ConfigMgrSetup.log are 2 errors:

ERROR: Failed to get the buffer size for LookupAccountName. Error = 1722

ERROR: Failed to get SID for user (DOMAIN\sqladmin)

 

Can someone help me?

 

Best wishes

Johannes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


how did you setup SQL and what version of sql did you use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SQL: 2008 Ent with SP2 and CU7 (guess rc2 needs it). It was setup like in your rc1/sql tutorial. http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/486-how-can-i-install-sql-server-2008-in-windows-server-2008/

 

 

Art first i had the wrong Collation with:

setup.exe /qn INSTANCENAME=MSSQLSERVER REINSTALL=SQL_Engine REBUILDDATABASE=1 SAPWD=<NewStrongPassword> SQLCOLLATION=<NewSystemCollation>

 

All went well with the collation change.

But sccm setup still not working

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the collation must be as specified, have you tried reinstalling sql from scratch ? if it's a virtual machine should be easy to revert...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it is an VM. And SQL is installed from scotch with the right collation.

Maybe it base something todo with your multi domain Setup. I try to setup with user from the forest domain. The scam host is part of a subdomain.

I got it working for the beta 1,2 und the rc1. But rc2 still not works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

 

Did you ever resolve this one? Did you get it resolved by simply using an installer account from the forest the servers are sitting in? I've got a few variables I'm looking at including: SQL Server Service account is in a different forest (Trusted) and the Installer account is in another forest (Trusted).

 

My technical knowledge tells me this process should work regardless of the forests, but the certificate generation process is SQL is a little unknown/undocumented, so any experience on what you ended up doing would be great.

 

I've installed configmgr 2012 several times without any issues -but the company site I'm at now has lots of best practices around SQL and account management I'm working with. Before I tell them to start making accounts for this work in the Development forest, I'd love to know how you solved it.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fixed this problem using http://smsimpossible.blogspot.it/2012/04/sccm-2012-install-error.html "After much googling found this link from Yuri that suggests temporarily changing SQL to run under local system instead of the NT Service\MSSQLSERVER account. Worked great!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...