tmiller_hockey

Cannot Install Reporting Point Role (SCCM doesn't see Reporting Services)

Following along in the documentation, I get to where I want to install the Reporting Services Point Role. Figure no big deal.

In walking through the steps of role setup everything is great until I go to dropdown the selection for the Reporting Server Instance. It does not see the reporting server instance. In looking at the SQL server, I don't see reporting services listed in the Start Menu and I selected Reporting Services on the original install. I've even gone back into SQL setup to look and SQL setup shows it is installed.

Anyone have an idea?

GSvyd.jpg

fbgnf.jpg

What is your setup ?is sql installed on the same box as sccm or a seperate server? Reporting services would be under the Configuration Tools folder.

I´ve the same Problem...

Can´t choose an Reporting Instance when I want to install the Reporting Role.

My SQL (SCCM)Database is on a remote server with installed Reporting Services.

The Reporting Server is configured and works. The SCCM Service users have access to the database and reporting services.

But I can´t choose an Instance in the setup (exactly like shown on the picture)

So what´s wrong???

You can only install the reporting role on a server with SRS installed. In your instance you can A. Install RSR on the CCM Server or B. Install the reporting role on the SQL Server.

thanks for your answer!

serverA is my sccm-server and serverB is my sql-server

on serverB is an extra instance for sccm with reporting services installed.

the sccm-database is also on this instance.

i tried to install the reporting role on the SQL-server. first without configured reporting services on the sql and then with configured reporting services on the server.

but i can´t choose the reporting instance on the reporting-siterole-wizard.

i don´t understand why... the access-rights to the srs are also ok

thanks for your replies!

now i´ve found the problem:

the reporting server was a 2012 sql.

i knew that its not supported but the sccm database works on a 2012 sql. But it looks like, sccm 2012 cannot find the reporting role on the sql 2012.

Guys,

i solved this by configuring SQL server reporting services on

Start > All Programmes> Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 > Configuration Tools > Reporting Services Configuration Manage

Raymond

Hello all,

I have the same problem:

SQL server enterprise on remote server; new named instance created for SCCM2012. All works like a charm but the reporting service point: the reporting services server instance is always empty.

All checked and correctely configured also the SSRS;

I can connect the report web site without any problem from everywhere. is it the same problem than with SCCM 2007.

Please help

sorry for my late answer...

in sql 2012 the reporting services didn´t work.

i reinstalled the database on a sql 2008 R2 / default instance. after that, i configured the reporting services (programs -> sql 2008 R2 / configuration tools / reporting services configuration manager)

-> that worked!

one thing that i read in a other thread was, that there are problems with reporting services of the operations manager and configuration manager on the same server.

Someone please help!

After I intalled the reporting roll, why I cannot create report in the Config Manager console? I did the following and got the error.

1. Run Config Manager Console => Monitoring => Reporting => Reports ... Right clicked on report and selected "Create Report" and got this error """"The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send."""

How can i resolve this issue? Thanks for any reply.

Hi am having same issue, has anybody troubleshoot the matter?

I have my sccm 2012 sp1 server on a physical host and my Sql server is on a vm (SQL Server 2012 SP1 + cu2). When configuring Reporting service point am having same issue as per above picture. please help.

I am having the same issue. SQL 2012 sp1 with SSRS fully configured and operational.

Has anyone gotten past this without having to install SQL2008r2???

SSRS on CM2012 SP1 works fine on SQL 2012 CU3, thats with SQL and SCCM hosted on the same server.

I also see that SQL 2012 SP1 is also now a supported configuration as of Feb 2013. link

Well I installed SQL 2008R2 sp1 CU6 and still have the same issue as the screenshot above ARRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!

I have only see that happen when SSRS is missing CU or SP. It should work otherwise..

I would re-apply the CUs to your SSRS server.

"I have only see that happen when SSRS is missing CU or SP. It should work otherwise.."

I am up to CU4 with SQL2012 and am hitting the same error.

1) SQL instance is at: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (SP1) - 11.0.3368.0 (X64)
May 22 2013 17:10:44
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation
Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.2 <X64> (Build 9200: ) (Hypervisor)

2) SCCM is SP1

3) SQL is on a separate system than SCCM

4) SCCM and SSRS reside on the same system.

Any suggestions??????

Just a little explanation for the post above, I read it but did not understand it :)

So if you are running SQL on a DIFFERENT machine than your SCCM server, then you have to choose that machine running SQL inside of your SCCM console.

We are all used to installing roles on our SCCM server but this time you have to choose your SQL box and then everything works just fine.

• Like 2