hans.swolfs

Office 2007 via OSD ends in error 0x80070001

Question

hey all,

i have been browsing this site/forum for quite a while and found tons of usefull stuff; for this you have my ever gratitude ;)

first time I post a question myself now and the title quite much sums up my issue...

I have created an unattended Office 2007 installation via the OCT and the install works perfectly if done standalone.

However, I need to deploy Office via SCCM 2007 as part of the OSD task sequence and there's where the sh1t hits the fan...

Everything works as it should (partitioning, os, drivers, client, ...) but at the point where the Office needs to be installed,

the deployment is stopped with error 0x80070001.

I have searched the web but found no useful tips hence my post.

Anybody know what this could be and how to solve it?

cheers!

3 answers to this question

to be honest, I should slap myself against the head...

it wasn't office causing the problems but another part of the TS running just before Office that I had forgotten of :s

So Office is deploying as it should but I'll open another post for the step that's not running properly...

Sorry for the hassle guys and many thanks for tuning in already!