clarityit

Clients won't associate with Site

Our AD went down the other day and we had to restore it from a backup. Ever since then, something has happened to the clients and they won't associate with the Site. I can't push the client install to any computer, but I am able to manually install the client on the the computer. Prior to having to restore the AD everything was working great. I have gone through and checked that all of my SCCM user accounts are still there, checked that the Schema was still intact (following this post). I ran the extADSch.exe and the log comes back and states that everything already exists.

On the computer that I am trying to install the client on, here is the error message I get in the "Location Services" log... Failed to resolve SLP from WINS, is it published.

Can anyone point me to something that I may be overlooking? Let me know if any other log files are needed, or if I should be looking at a different one.

and in case that article ever moves i've copied the solution below, thanks for updating your post, it's great when people do that.

The issue was caused from the AD restore. After we restored the AD, it messed up the Sysvol and Netlogon shares. I used this article to solve the problem. After running these steps everything with SCCM started to work again.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316790