Kingen

Build & Capture Windows 8 Enterprise

Have some one succesfully created a refference image for windows 8 with sp1?

I updated my site to SP1, and when i try to Build And Capture windows8, it shutsdown after Apply Operating system. And it reebots, but it dosen't start the Capture Referende Machine step int the TS.

Any one know why?

"The task sequence engine performed a system reboot initiated by the action (Setup and Configuration Manager) in the group (Build Reference Machine)"

The Next step should be Install Updates, and then these steps:

stops.jpg

stop3.PNG

That's one new thing i have noticed aswell, if i create a new Build And Capture TS, i can't choose my "Original installation source" (OS Installers) i seem to only be able to pick captured .wim files, and the only captured .wim files i have is Windows 7, and i don't wana use that :P

So i Copy my old TS and there i have this option (in the pciture) to add my Win8 original installation source (the package i have on my DP)

post-12125-0-43581200-1350041539_thumb.png

Yes in SP1 just add the Install.wim from the installation source and then do a build and capture from that wim.

This is how my TS looks like in SP1 if you chose the Win8 install.wim

EDIT, Create a NEW TS and point it to the new image, dont copy the windows 7 one.

Edit 2.

You have to add the WIM file from the Windows 8 source to your "Operating system installers" like here.

post-12125-0-62958300-1350042331_thumb.png

• Like 1

Ok created a new TS, included my install.wim.

But it does not capture anything same in the log no errors or anything:

wtf4.jpg

And the computerrestart, but it just completes the installation and that's it. Very strange, not even a error or anything.

wtf3.jpg

This is what my TS looks like:

ts.jpg

also check your Apply Windows settings step, do you have any Windows key specified ? your actual issue could be occuring as a result of not specifying the key (error 31 or so), but it's hard to verify without a copy of your smsts.log file after the failure.

Windows 8 build and capture is different to previous methods as now you can specify the install.wim directly from the installation media, here's how I do it