pvr02

Hardware Inventories not longer working after patch

Background:

Recently we were attempting to get Asset Intelligence working. We had some issues with the online connector. When troubleshooting this we came across some patches that fixed a certificate issue KB2483225 and then later KB2733615.

After installing these patches (and rebooting) and waiting to attempt another asset synchronization I was informed that hardware inventories were no longer working. I checked the MP_Hinv.log file and had not received anything as of the time the patch was installed. This is a major problem for us as software is not being deployed to new builds. I have scrapped working on Asset Intelligence until we can resolve the hardware inventory issue.

Currently:

24 hours into troubleshooting this, It appears that everything is working properly with the exception of Hardware inventories. There has not been anything new in the log file.

The clients have been testing and are performing the hardware inventory and are successfully sending it to the server (however it never seems to make it there)

I have attempted to uninstall BITs, Reboot, Reinstall BITs (this did result in about 10 minutes of hardware inventories coming in before stopping).

I have uninstalled both of the above patches that were installed and Restarted - No results

I have uninstalled and reinstalled BITs again, without getting any additional results.

Everything in the Component Status and Site System Status are OK, I have rebooted numerous times without success.

The only errors I am seeing are related to IIS. EventID 5189, Source WAS, The description for Event ID 5189 From source Microsoft-Windows-WAS cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. The following information was included with the event: CCM Server Framework Pool 7

This is SCCM 2007 Running on Server 2008 R2 SP1.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.