h4x0r

Package distribution issues (large package...25gb)

We have an AutoCAD program that we just added, and the installation package size is 25gb. I distributed the content to the DP and gave it a day to make sure it copied over...checked the content status in the SCCM console and it said that it had been distributed.

When we advertised the program, it failed...the client logs said that it could not find the package. So I started looking on the server and distmgr.log repeatedly has the following lines:

"Found notification for package 'XXXXXXXX'"

"Package 'XXXXXXXX' (priority 2) is already in the queue"

"Package 'XXXXXXXX' is found in active queue, will try it later"

I've tried updating the DP, as well as removing the package from the DP...still the same message in the logs.

We had an issue a short while ago in which we had to reinstall our MP...I'm wondering if I don't need to also reinstall our DP, but I'm worried about what sort of implications go along with that.

Is there a way to clear this 'active queue'? Note that this is not a BITS transfer...using bitsadmin /list shows 0 active transfers...also, this DP is located on the primary server. All other system statuses are good.

Thanks for any input!

@Anyweb: I hadn't seen that thread yet...though that mostly seemed like it was in regards to the client being able to download data from the DP (which I'm not going to rule out at this point as something I'll have to deal with after this), but the issue I was seeing seemed more related to the Primary Site hanging while distributing content to the DP (distmgr.log would just keep repeating the lines from above).

FWIW, the distmgr log finally updated late yesterday and we're now at SourceVersion 2 for the package in question so I'm going to retry deployment and see if that helped solve any issue.

@Eswar: is the PCK file you're referencing something that is downloaded to the DP, or to the client from the DP? Where would it be located?

h4x0r,

I'm also dealing with the same issue, I built a deployment of Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium (weighs in at around 29GB) and cannot get this to deploy during a build & capture or OSD task sequence. The error I kept getting referred to 'source not found' - which cannot be true.

By chance were you able to find a resolution to this?

Thanks,

Robert

I was not able to find a resolution to this...I want to say I noted that while looking through the logs, it ended up taking several days for it to FINALLY update on the DP completely. I have since given up on it for the time being since I had other pressing matters...i simply had one of the lab monitors go around and manually install the product on each workstation in the time being...I know this does *not help though, as you're trying to get this done via Build and Capture :(

*edit

I built a deployment of Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium (weighs in at around 29GB)

Have you added a CCMCACHESIZE property of more than 29GB to the configMGR setup properties on this TS if downloading locally before running TS?

You set it in the setup windows and configMgr Task of your task sequence;

OR

you can do it on the client push properties, but this would leave all clients with a ccmcache folder of this size!!

By doing it in the TS you have flexibility if you have more than 1 Task sequence.

Just add a property of SMSCACHESIZE=35840

This will give the ccmcache folder an extra 30+ GB for the larger packages!!

The default is set to 5120 which is 5GB!!

Sure give it a go!! It may be what is wrong with the package not been able to deploy, also if this AutoCAD installation takes more than 2 hours change the default runtime from 120mins to whatever!! You dont want it bombing it out after 120mins if it has not installed!!

How much of the Building Design Suite are you deploying? If your deploying multiple software packages are you deploying it all as one or creating separate packages for each of the software components that you want to potentially install.

There is a lot of bulk that you do not need in the deployment images that get created.

For example: If you only deploying AutoCAD you can delete the 4+gb of Revit Content that is put into the deployment image by default. <package name>\AdminImage\Content\Revit