djsai

New to SCCM need help.

Hi Everyone

I need some help in understanding SCCM 2007 , basically from the guides that I have read on this site you can install SCCM and SQL on a Domain Controller, but on you tube videos I have been watching they have two separate servers one DHCP and the other for SCCM,

The set up I have is this DC1 is my primary domain controller and the dc2-sccm is just for the sccm server only and that one is not a Domain Controller. My question is does the dc2-sccm have to be a domain controller in order for SCCM to work or can i just join it to the existing domain from the computer properies.

Thank you.

DJ SAI

the guides here have been for setting it up in a LAB, so in a lab environment having multiple roles installed on one box is acceptable,

in production you'd definetly want to separate out those roles and have AD on one server (domain controller), Configuration Manager on another and so on

I hope that clarifies it for you

Right I see so on the second server do I make that DC or just join it to the domain as normal via computer properties

What i did was make two servers one dc1 for the domain,ad, dns and dhcp, then on the second server just i joined it to the network as normal is that correct for sccm setup?

Thank you for helping me out on this.