peterdcross

Custom Reports fail to run

Question

I have been following the advice to create custom forms as deatiled in:

www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1381-computer-model-and-name-report/

Everything works (Fail 1) up to the RUN (Fail 2) then this error occurs (Fail 3)

If the report was sucessfully run earlier why would it fail later?

More to the point how can I fix it?

Note: All the built in reports work correctly

O/S 2012 std

SCCM 2012 SP1

SQL 2008 R2 SP2

SELECT
A.Name0,
B.SerialNumber0,
A.Manufacturer0,
A.Model0, C.Name0 AS 'Processor',
D.TotalPhysicalMemory0 AS 'Memory (KBytes)',
E.Size0 AS 'Disk Size (MBytes)',
F.MACAddress0,
F.IPAddress0,
G.AD_Site_Name0 AS 'AD Site',
A.UserName0 AS 'Last user logged in',
H.Caption0 AS 'Operating System',
H.CSDVersion0 AS 'Service Pack',
G.Creation_Date0 AS 'Creationdate in SMS',
I.LastHWScan

FROM
v_GS_COMPUTER_SYSTEM A,
v_GS_PC_BIOS B,
v_GS_PROCESSOR C,
v_GS_X86_PC_MEMORY D,
v_GS_DISK E,
v_GS_NETWORK_ADAPTER_CONFIGUR F,
v_R_System G,
v_GS_OPERATING_SYSTEM H,
v_GS_WORKSTATION_STATUS I

WHERE
A.ResourceID = B.ResourceID AND
A.ResourceID = C.ResourceID AND
A.ResourceID = D.ResourceID AND
A.ResourceID = E.ResourceID AND
A.ResourceID = F.ResourceID AND
A.ResourceID = G.ResourceID AND
A.ResourceID = H.ResourceID AND
A.ResourceID = I.ResourceID AND

F.IPAddress0 is not NULL AND
F.IPAddress0 not like '0.0.0.0'

GROUP BY A.Name0, B.SerialNumber0, A.Manufacturer0, A.Model0, C.Name0, D.TotalPhysicalMemory0, E.Size0,

F.MACAddress0, F.IPAddress0, G.AD_Site_Name0, A.UserName0, H.Caption0, H.CSDVersion0, G.Creation_Date0,

I.LastHWScan

post-18967-0-58706800-1359452550_thumb.png

post-18967-0-83294700-1359452551_thumb.png

post-18967-0-63026600-1359452552_thumb.png

4 answers to this question

I looked at the link and ran a Profiler test. The record is inconclusive as the connection to run the test report can be seen but not an error on save.

This is test domain with everything opened up, one connection account and an NTSERVICE account. I shall pass on custom reports.

Life's too short to waste it on Microsoft's dodgy products.

Have you ever noticed that their support sites can have a thousand pages of written instructions and not one screen shot! This from a company that provides a GUI interface!

Not sure what to tell you, I run custom reports in my environment and they work fine...

To say life's to short to waste it on Microsoft's products is part of the reason why they may in your view be so dodgy, Microsoft relies heavily on community feedback when developing their lines. While I agree that they very often have shortcomings, and trust me I have had my fair share of glitches, I wouldn't classify them as dodgy, lol.

From my point of view I find their documentation to be extremely useful, I have also found it evolves constantly, in my view for the better, It was TechNet and WindowsNoob that took me from knowing nothing about SCCM to what I know now, TechNet formed the framework, WindowsNoob filled in the holes. I try as best I can to offer my input from real world experiences to give back to the community

If you want to see dodgy companies I invite you to look at Intuit, and Sage, both seem to be in a competition to see who can make life hell for Administrators trying to deploy their applications in network environments. They blatantly package their applications to make them impossible to run silently...

I thrive on making dodgy products work for me, so maybe that's where our personalities differ.

If you decide to give it another shot i'd be happy to try and help you work out your problem further in whatever way I can

There are two different permission at play here:

One set as you

One set for your Datasource (DS)

So what account are you using for your DS. Keep in mind that this still could be a double hop security issue

The is a simple reason why there is almost not screenshot and the answer is because of the different languages around the world. They would have to create 1 screenshot for every language. If anything would ever change in the UI they would have to updated 1000s of screenshots and it would take months to update a few pages. This is not the case with text, they can update a page and have it translated within a few weeks.