marlonc1980

Add Attribute Class: Add/Remove Programs Collections

Hi I want to make a collection where I display all computers that are not running Office 2013, but I have not locate the class attributes Add or Remove Programs do not see, as active? see image.
I have sql 2012 sp1 sccm

Collection based on computers with a specific program in Add/Remove Programs
Criterion Value: Simple
Attribute Class: Add/Remove Programs
Attribute: Display Name
Operator: is equal to / is like
Value: <Program Name>

post-17189-0-09511100-1360278478_thumb.png

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS as Software on Software.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where Software.DisplayName != "Software"

Just paste the above in the query language and change the Software section to suit your queried software i:e Microsoft Office professional Plus 2013

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS as Software on Software.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where Software.DisplayName != "Software"

Just paste the above in the query language and change the Software section to suit your queried software i:e Microsoft Office professional Plus 2013

FYI only, This query will show every PC within your environment. Also this query will only show the 32bit versions. You need to use a subselect query for this.

FYI only, This query will show every PC within your environment. Also this query will only show the 32bit versions. You need to use a subselect query for this.

Hi Garth

I have this query fully tested in my environment. At The moment in one of my sites I have just started to roll out office 2013. In my head I had a rough estimate as to what I had already done which was around 10-13 machines out of a total of 3555

If I leave the != Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 then the query returns 3542 systems to the collection(which would be correct)

I change the syntax to just = Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 then the query returns 13 systems to the collection(which is also correct)

So that to me means that the query language is working, should it not be??

Thanks

Here are a few blog posts on the subject.

http://smsug.ca/blogs/garth_jones/archive/2007/05/08/subset-query.aspx

http://smsug.ca/blogs/garth_jones/archive/2007/05/10/wql-subset-query.aspx

http://smsug.ca/blogs/garth_jones/archive/2007/05/09/sql-subset-query.aspx

Wish me luck, I'm just about to install Windows 8 on this laptop! Who know when I will be back online!