anyweb

How can I deploy Windows 8 X64 to the Microsoft Surface Pro using Configuration Manager 2012 SP1

1. I am using the Ethernet adapter found here: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/accessories/browse#accessories5 . Firmware update is applied. I have checked all the settings (not that there are very many), but I can't seem to get it to work.

2. I installed the SCCM console on my Windows 8.1 machine and that seemed to work. I am able to see the flash drive now. My task still isn't working, but let me troubleshoot that before I come back for help on that part :-)

Ideally, getting the pxe boot to work for the surface is the best possible option, but I can't seem to find much documentation on it.

How can I deploy Windows 7 X64 to the Microsoft Surface Pro using Configuration Manager 2007 R3 or 2012 SP1?

I have both USB 3.0 and 2.0 Standlone media created on both of them (using SCCM 2007). With both FAT32 and NTFS, but the PRO wont boot into the device at all. I have tried both - vloume button and Advance recovery options as well. Device is detected but booting wont happen.

Any information is appreciated. But my case is strictly WIN 7x64. PXE is not an option as if now. The same keys workm on other device with UEFI BIOS (Legacy and Both mode on)