mogwuy

Importing powercfg via task sequence

Question

Hello,

I tried to follow the tutorial that was posted on how to do this but it wasn't working.

The first issue I ran into was needing local admin privileges in order to copy the file to the systems folder. To get around this I just setup a step to create a new folder on the root of C: then another to copy those files to, which it does successfully.

After that I have a step to create a task sequence variable which I'm using to represent the GUID on the .POW file.

The third step is to run the following command line:

Set MYGUID=%MYGUID% powercfg.exe -import "C:\Power\Ultrabook.pow" %MYGUID%

See error from smstlog:
Failed to execute command line 'Set MYGUID=A6319DFD-EEF4-4644-9D74-9724744F1971 powercfg.exe -import "C:\Power\Ultrabook.pow" A6319DFD-EEF4-4644-9D74-9724744F1971'

I've tried running this step as admin and my privileged user account, but then I get can error stating that running command line with a user account is not supported in WinPE.

Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

Hi,

Where in the Task Sequence are you running this command? The error you get is indicating that you run it Before the "Setup Windows and Configuration Manager" step and then you are still in WinPE and the step will not be run against the newly installed Windows OS but the WinPE. Could this be the case?

Regards,
Jörgen

Jorgen is right, you need to apply the setttings to windows once it's installed, in other words after the setup windows and configmgr step,

and here's the guide for those that were wondering

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2283-customising-windows-7-deployments-part-3/