nimmer

Deploying Win8 Enterprise to ElitePad

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy Windows 8 Enterprise 32-bit to our HP ElitePad 900. I have both read the HP Whitepaper and read a guide here on this site, but I'm running into some problems:

If I import all the drivers from the HP Client WinPE 4.0 x86 and x64 Driver Pack to my boot image and start the PXE boot, it stops with a failure concerning the IASTOR.SYS - then I remove all the Intel SATA drivers from the boot image and it continues, starts the WinPE environment, but the reboots after the "preparing network connections" - as if it doesn't contains the correct LAN drivers?

The weird things is that I have succesfully (well almost) deployed to 2 Elitepads without this problem - can anyone help? Could there be something wrong with the tablet?

regards

nimmer

If I import all the drivers from the HP Client WinPE 4.0 x86 and x64 Driver Pack

Why are you using the x64 driver pack??

There should be no x64 drivers available for these devices as they only support x86 flavour of win8.

Yes I have injected the drivers into the x86 bootimage

I just read through the thread where you deployment guide are and noticed the following from one of your answers:

"The DP/PXE server also has to be built on server 2012."

My DP/PXE server is on a 2008R2 - could this cause the problem?

regards

nimmer

I do not think it will work on server 2k8R2 according to other bloggs I have came across.....SCCM 2012 must also be atleast SP1 CU1 or later!!

The weird things is that I have succesfully (well almost) deployed to 2 Elitepads without this problem - can anyone help? Could there be something wrong with the tablet?

But if these bloggs are true which I can only imagine they have to be then how did you already achieve the above if your DP/PXE is 2K8R2???

But if these bloggs are true which I can only imagine they have to be then how did you already achieve the above if your DP/PXE is 2K8R2???

Well If I knew, then I might be able to solve my problems :S

I now have made a 2012 DP and tried to use this as my DP/PXE - but it still reboots after preparing network connections....

regards

nimmer

Have you also injected the network driver from within the driver pack into the boot.wim........injecting the winPE 4.0 into the boot.wim is one task but you also have to inject the network driver from the driver pack also... Have you done this??

Yes I have injected the network driver into the boot image.

I think I have found the problem: The BIOS date on the Elitepads are wrong. I now have tried to change to current date on two tablets and afterwards the task sequence runs.

But now my question are: Is there anyway to cope for this? Because when we buy a new ElitePad we will deploy Win8Enterprise to it ASAP without ever checking the BIOS date. Can I change some settings on the SCCM to ignore the date?

regards

nimmer