Kimbie

Unknown Client Check passed Active after patching

First off I am new to SCCM but have a course for admin of SCCM later in the year, but in the mean time I have a question regarding the status of machines.

Have created a software update package for windows updates, with reboots supressed we run the deployment, after a while, we go into Monitoring and looking at one of the deployments and we can see 1 or 2 machines have been patched and are showing as compliant, however a large number are classed as Unknown

If I click on view status to bring up the more detailed view, under the unknown tab, the machines tends to be listed u nder "Client Check passed Active" or "Client check passed/Inactive" we have found the WUAHandler.log on one of the unknown machines and it shows it had recived the update package and deployed the updates, even if we reboot the machine after a few days still shows as Unknown.

The problem is we need to run compliance reports to show what machines have not been patched, and these unknown machines do not help.

So my question is, how do I get this machines to show as compliant to the update we pushed to them?

Many thanks

Kimbie

I'm also having the same problem.. I've got like 26 machines showing as passed/active on a lot of deployments. They never change their status..I have't really had the chance to actually check a client manually, but it's for sure a problem if you are relying on reports - You never know it the clients has the app/update... At my end, most of the machines that states this are internet faced.. Does the client report less if it's internet faced? strange and really annoying problem..