quadzilla

Report based on 2 collections

Question

Hi,

Not sure if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything that was similar to what I wanted.

Basically we have a number of collections that are set up to split our organisation into smaller chunks to make it easier to manage i.e.

collection hierachy =

site - AD Site

- building 1- Just a collection to gather similar collections together but they are all in same building

- - floor - Each floor has a different gateway address

- - wireless - wireless also has a different gateway address

- building 2 - etc,etc

we have 4 sites, with a total of 20 or so gateway addresses across all sites.

the above sites are in place and used for lots of different purposes.

we also have a number of collections setup for types of machines i.e. laptop / desktop / server / specific version of software.

Now the question, we have a report setup that pulls out a list of machine's with tag / vendor etc etc and what we want to be able to do is run the report against the 2 collections above i.e. laptops in site a / building 1

we have hundreds of collections so want to be able to present the user with a pick list of a subset of the collections available to them i.e. a list of the sites we choose and a selection of 5 or six choices of collection for laptop / desktop etc, the report would then run to list the machines that were in the 2 collections, is this possible ? can we have a table / collection / query that can be presented as a pick list for each choice so as to make it easier for users to choose the criteria to run the report against.

Cheers in advance (hope it made sense)

1 answer to this question