destruxion

System Center Endpoint Protection deployment

Question

Hello,

I currently have Microsoft endpoint protection on computers across a campus. I would like to deploy SCEP across my campus so that we can monitor and maintain it all from the server. This will require deploying the SCEP client over the network.

My problem is: It creates pop ups for the current user logged in saying that windows defender is out dated and scep is out dated.

Is there any way to install SCEP silently without the user being notified? I can deploy SCEP updates almost immediately afterwards to get rid of the "at risk" notification in the task bar, but it still gives users security warning popups, which i cannot have when i deploy all across campus.Thanks

5 answers to this question

yes u can deploy SCEP silently, after you push SCCM agent(in this contect your SCCM Agent successfully deploy in the client target). and u can create rule to auto update SCEP. U can find many tutorial explain about this, please try to search before you ask...Thanks

Hi,

I apologize for the delay, but I really appreciate your response, Jorgen.

It seems like the machines with SCEP on them have been automatically updating. Is this true? Do they automatically update with definitions from my SCCM 2012 server? I was under the assumption that I would have to create Automatic Deployment Rules to do this.