Jump to content


MJGAIL

Established Members
  • Content Count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

MJGAIL last won the day on December 15 2010

MJGAIL had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About MJGAIL

  • Rank
    Newbie

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Brisbane
  1. Hi, I'm in the process of deploying Windows 10 (x64 Enterprise Build 1809) at a customer site using Configuration Manager Current Branch (1806 + Hotfix). Office 365 Click-to-Run is a Tier 1 application that I am installing during deployment of the OS to the endpoint machine. In order to ensure the O365 C2R content is the latest "Semi-Annual Channel" version (client is bound by regulation to patch applications, so testing this with Office) I've setup the following: "Content" for the Application in CM is JUST setup.exe plus XML files for the install. Two XML files for install for two different locations (one of which is on at a low-speed WAN site). Each XML refers to source content in an open share on the Distribution Point servers - one of which is at the low-speed WAN site. Two deployment types in the Application - one for each XML. Setup a Scheduled Task on the Distribution Point servers to update the share (not the Application content) on a regular basis So my plan was then to use a "Requirement" on the application using a custom Global Condition that determines the Active Directory site (created using PowerShell). The idea then being that during deployment, the application installs using the latest available SAC version and administrators don't need to worry about the Application content being updated. And of course, the XML file then tells it to grab the content from the local site, which is highly connected. Works wonderfully well in Software Center in my testing. BUT, doesn't seem to work in OSD Task Sequence ☹️. If I am reading error logs right, it seems as though the PowerShell in the Global Condition is not being allowed to run (even when I set Execution Policy to "Bypass" earlier in the Task Sequence. So, perhaps I am making things more complex than they should be. Simplest thing to do would be to create two separate applications using the same method (i.e. not just two deployment types) and use a Dynamic Variable in the Task Sequence that installs one or the other dependent upon gateway IP. However, throwing it out there for some thoughts on how I could do this using the multiple deployment methods on the single app. Thanks, Matt
  2. Hi, I've taken over a Task Sequence that was built by another person, and I am having issues with ALL machines being built by the TS finishing with the name "MINWINPC". Yes, I am kicking the built off using a USB stick (I've read posts that mention this being the case), but correct me if I am wrong, this appears to be if you use USB and deploy to Unknown Computers? So what I am inheriting is an MDT integrated TS in SCCM 2012 R2, which is deployed to a Device Collection as a Required deployment - so I can see if it is correctly resolving the machine MAC address to the device in SCCM 2012 R2 (otherwise it just doesn't build). I've even attempted to chuck in the TS this script - https://t3chn1ck.wordpress.com/2009/04/24/script-to-prompt-for-system-name-in-sccm-osd/ - to allow for prompting for a new name if MINWINPC is seen, but it quickly skips this step, and I can't see errors in the log. The interesting thing about this TS is that there are multiple PowerShell tasks that are used to download the WIM off the USB (it's been copied to the bootable USB's to save dragging it over the network) and applied using a DISM command in a PowerShell script (i.e. it's a bit different to just selecting the O/S you want to deploy and having it happen). But apart from that, nothing else seems to "out there" in terms of thinking, but I just can't figure out why the object in SCCM gets renamed to MINWINPC, the machine has that name and joins the Domain as that. Now, I can just go through the renaming process after, but that doesn't help if I ever want to build multiple machines at once. Got any ideas of where to look or how to overcome a MINWINPC issue? Thanks MG
  3. IT by day....but golf would be much better!!

  4. This looks like an old post, but I have a solution to this that allows you to use your SCCM Package to install the Lenovo software - well, I've tested it successfully with Power Manager, which was my biggest problem, The command line that your SCCM package needs to run is "SETUP.EXE /S /f2"C:\Support\Logs\PWRMGRV.log"". THEN, in your Task Sequence, PRIOR to your application installation, you need to create a "Run Command Line" task with the following "cmd.exe /c mkdir C:\Support\Logs". What happens is if the application does not have the log file location available, or a lack of permissions to it (by default, without the specified path, I believe it will try and write to your Distribution Point), the application won't install. As soon as I did it this way, I had immediate success. Thanks to my colleague BTW for this one. As for the other applications that are listed, I have done the Hotkeys one - but this successfully works for me with just "setup.exe /s". Plus the Bluetooth installation works with the BTW.msi file and any silent commands you want to run.
×
×
  • Create New...