anyweb

How can I deploy Windows 8.1 x64 to the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager ?

Hi Niall

I used that blog to add the power shell command during preparation of deployment of these devices in my enterprise, it worked a treat, so thanks.

The problem I am facing is that I can't seem to PXE boot a known Surface Pro again that has been bitlockered with Chip and PIN. The surface logo appears before the PIN needs to be entered and also after the PIN is entered so how and when do you release the volume down button to get them to boot like I did when I 1st imaged them?

Think it's having a PIN is the problem.

Forget the previous posts. All sorted now. For anyone else that runs into this issue whilst refreshing these devices via PXE on the dock, the simple answer is to completely shutdown the devices on the dock before using the volume-down-release method of booting. Short story.....don't restart them from within windows or from the CTRL+ALT+DEL screen and expect the PXE boot method to work.......it doesn't...completely shut them down....

heh, funny you mention that as that is one thing I actually cover in detail in the video's below

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11685-5-video-series-on-deploying-the-microsoft-surface-pro-3-available-now/

Thanks for the guide - It is the first of your guides I have seen and it is very easy to follow and details.

However, I'm having issues getting a Surface Pro 3 built via System Center.

It successfully does the PXE boot, but I just get the background image for System Center (when it boots into the cut down version of Windows) and after about 30 seconds it reboots.

The device has the latest firmware installed and I'm booting from network via the Surface Docking Station (Model 1664).

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance