kkonovalov

Trying to add extra OU value based on checkbox for Windows 8 in HTA

Question

I am trying to add step to my HTA file, an extra OU value if Windows 8 checkbox is checked (OU=Windows8,) in front of the OU path that gets outputted (OUName). Currently my drop down contains the following:

td colspan=1 class="taskTableLeftCell">OU</td>
				<td class="taskTableSpanSecondAndThirdCell">
				<select name="OUName" id="OUName">
				<option value="LDAP://OU=Administrative,OU=Workstations,DC=imo-online,DC=com" >Administrative</option>
				<option value="LDAP://OU=Development,OU=Workstations,DC=imo-online,DC=com" >Development</option>
				<option value="LDAP://OU=External,OU=Workstations,DC=imo-online,DC=com" >External</option>
				<option value="LDAP://OU=IT,OU=Workstations,DC=imo-online,DC=com">IT</option>
				<option value="LDAP://OU=Restricted,OU=Workstations,DC=imo-online,DC=com">Restricted</option>
				<option value="LDAP://OU=Sales,OU=Workstations,DC=imo-online,DC=com" >Sales</option>
				<option value="LDAP://OU=Service_Computers,OU=Workstations,DC=imo-online,DC=com" >Service Computers</option>
				</select>

My checkbox says the following

<input type>"checkbox" id="mycheck" value"OU=Win8,"/>

Then I have my Java saying:

function Win8()
{
var x=document.getElementById("myCheck").value;
document.getElementsById("Win8").innerhtml=x;
}

The other java code is below which adds these 2 ou values together:

var OUDrop = document.getelementById("OUName") + document.getElementById("Win8");

When I try to run this and proceed in my script I get an answer- Unable to get property 'undefined' of undefined or null reference. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

4 answers to this question

doesn't the error include any number, usually that points to the line it's failing on (line number)

use NotePad ++ to edit your code, mistakes will show up easier

this can't work

var OUDrop = document.getelementById("OUName") + document.getElementById("Win8");

if (document.getElementById("mycheck").checked){

var win = "OU=Win8,";

}

else {

var win = "";

}

var OU = document.getelementById("OUName").options[document.getelementById("OUName").selectedIndex].value;

var OUName = "LDAP://" + win + OU;

In this case you need to get rid of the LDAP:// prefix in your select.

The question is why do you need a special OU for WIndows 8 Clients. It doesn't make much sense tou group your clients by OS in the AD.