Hi,

I've taken over a Task Sequence that was built by another person, and I am having issues with ALL machines being built by the TS finishing with the name "MINWINPC". Yes, I am kicking the built off using a USB stick (I've read posts that mention this being the case), but correct me if I am wrong, this appears to be if you use USB and deploy to Unknown Computers?

So what I am inheriting is an MDT integrated TS in SCCM 2012 R2, which is deployed to a Device Collection as a Required deployment - so I can see if it is correctly resolving the machine MAC address to the device in SCCM 2012 R2 (otherwise it just doesn't build). I've even attempted to chuck in the TS this script - https://t3chn1ck.wordpress.com/2009/04/24/script-to-prompt-for-system-name-in-sccm-osd/ - to allow for prompting for a new name if MINWINPC is seen, but it quickly skips this step, and I can't see errors in the log.

The interesting thing about this TS is that there are multiple PowerShell tasks that are used to download the WIM off the USB (it's been copied to the bootable USB's to save dragging it over the network) and applied using a DISM command in a PowerShell script (i.e. it's a bit different to just selecting the O/S you want to deploy and having it happen). But apart from that, nothing else seems to "out there" in terms of thinking, but I just can't figure out why the object in SCCM gets renamed to MINWINPC, the machine has that name and joins the Domain as that. Now, I can just go through the renaming process after, but that doesn't help if I ever want to build multiple machines at once.

Got any ideas of where to look or how to overcome a MINWINPC issue?

Thanks

MG