Stiffe

PXE and OS deployment

Question

Hello

I'm trying to setup a test enviroment and deploy Windows 7 with SCCM 2007 R2 with SP2.

My SCCM enviroment is running inside an ESXi 4 machine with SQL 2005, WSUS and server 2003 enterprise as operating system.

I've followed the guides here on the forum and managed to deploy different applications such as firefox and acrobat reader. I have three clients. One on my workstation where i run vmware workstation 7, one client inside my ESXi and one physical computer. When i configured the OS deployment, i followed the Vista deployment guides here on the forum and then the guide for windows 7 deployment.

Now to my problem:

When i'm trying to deploy Windows 7 (havn't tried with other OS) with PXE boot, it boots up in WinPE and it says "Windows setup is starting" then "Prepares networking devices" and the window disappears. It happens on all clients. I've googled alot and tried alot of solutions but it doesn't work.

I have:

Checked the troubleshooting guide here at the forums.

Tried this three solutions: http://www.myitforum.com/forums/m_177482/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#177482

Checked network drivers. It does get an IP so i assume it's not network card related.

Checked Permissons (added Everyone and put full control. Even added my "Sccm Admins" group and the SCCM computer with full rights")

Checked logs (attached)

Remade the packages

Restarted WDS service

Restarted the SCCM computer

Checked the Status of the site services and they are all green.

According to the logs, it cant reach or download from the sms share's. But in the command prompt i can map the share and browse it.

Think i've tried it all now with no hope left. You are my last hope and every suggestion is welcome.

smsts.log

so does it get an ip ? can you ping the fqdn of the sccm server ? can you post the rest of the smsts.log file it seems to be missing some of it....

did you try adding windows 7 network drivers to your boot.wim file ?

so does it get an ip ? can you ping the fqdn of the sccm server ? can you post the rest of the smsts.log file it seems to be missing some of it....

did you try adding windows 7 network drivers to your boot.wim file ?

Yes as said it does get an IP, DNS and Gateway etc. It finds the network card as it's listed in /ipconfig all.

I've added the network drivers to the boot image.

I will try again and post a couple of screenshots soon and attach a new log.

Share permissons for:

SMSIMAGES (SMSPXEIMAGES$) = Administrators, Everyone, System = Full control

SMSPKGD$ (SMSPKGD$) = Everyone = Full control

NTFS permissons for:

SMSIMAGES (SMSPXEIMAGES$) = Administrators, Everyone, System, Authenticated users, SCCM Admins (sccmread, sccmadmin, sccm server) = Full control

SMSPKGD$ (SMSPKGD$) = Administrators, Everyone, System, Authenticated users, SCCM Admins (sccmread, sccmadmin, sccm server) = Full control. CREATOR OWNER got default permissions.

I put full control for everything i could think about just to see if the problem disappeared. I know that Everyone really is everyone but just incase.

find out what this package is

[Content location request for P0100007:8 failed.

hint look at Package Status

and make sure to distribute the package to the DP, then try again

cheers

niall

The package P0100007 is x64 WinPE boot enviroment so it's okey as i'm trying to deploy x64 version of win7. It's distributed to both default DP and SMSPXEIMAGES$. State says Installed.

Yes i've recently updated the DP's. If i remember it right i have already remade the boot enviroment once but maybe i should do it again?

Thanks in advance

Failed to connect to "\\SCCM01.ANJERT.COM\SMSPKGD$\P0100007" (86)

that is your original failure, so did you verify that its actually working ?????????????????

failed to connect.jpg

As i explained in My first post i can map the folder and browse it inside winpe. If you mean the actual package then i dont know how to verify if its actually working except executing it. I've followed your guides when i created the boot package. but appearently its not working for me even if i deleted every package and made new ones. I'm totally aware of the error message and have turned Google upside down for a clue and ended up in writing this post.